Tours of LOTT's treatment plant and other facilities
Ever wonder what happens to the water you send down the drain? Join us for a free tour to see firsthand how we clean up wastewater from local homes and businesses and steps taken to protect Puget Sound.
- Group tours are typically at the Budd Inlet Treatment Plant.
- Tours may also be arranged for LOTT’s LEED Platinum certified Regional Services Center, East Bay Public Plaza, Budd Inlet Reclaimed Water Plant, Martin Way Reclaimed Water Plant, and the Hawks Prairie Ponds and Recharge Basins.
- Tours can be paired with an educational presentation.
- Minimum/maximum group size is 4-40 people.
- Group tours are suitable for age 10 and above, and are typically scheduled Tuesday through Friday, between 9 am and 3 pm.
- Scheduling of group tours must be arranged at least three weeks before the preferred visit date.
- Tours follow an indoor/outdoor route in highly industrial facilities. Attendees should dress for the weather and wear closed-toe, closed-heel shoes.
- To schedule a group tour, or for more information, send us an email or call (360) 664-2333.
Tours for Individuals
Public tours of the Budd Inlet Treatment Plant for individuals are offered on Saturdays several times a year. Visit the WET Science Center events calendar to find out more about the next Saturday tour.