Tours of LOTT's treatment plant and other facilities
Ever wonder what happens to the water you send down the drain? Join us for a free tour to see firsthand how we clean up wastewater from local homes and businesses and steps taken to protect Puget Sound.
- Group tours are typically at the Budd Inlet Treatment Plant.
- Tours may also be arranged for LOTT’s LEED-platinum Regional Services Center, East Bay Public Plaza, Budd Inlet Reclaimed Water Plant, Martin Way Reclaimed Water Plant, and the Hawks Prairie Ponds and Recharge Basins.
- Tours can be paired with an educational presentation.
- Minimum/maximum group size is 4-40 people.
- Group tours are suitable for age 10 and above, and typically scheduled Tuesday through Friday between 9 am and 3 pm.
- Scheduling of group tours must be arranged at least three weeks before your preferred visit date.
- Tours follow an indoor/outdoor route in highly industrial facilities. Attendees should dress for the weather and wear closed-toed, closed-heel shoes.
- To schedule a group tour, or for more information send us an email or call (360) 664-2333.
Tours for Individuals
Public tours of the Budd Inlet Treatment Plant for individuals are offered on Saturdays several times a year. View the WET Science Center events calendar to find out about the next Saturday tour.