View study information and related resources
Study work will result in a variety of products, resources, and reports. Check back to view additional materials as they become available.
- Task 1 Summary: Residual Chemicals in Reclaimed Water, Groundwater, and Surface Water (PDF) – A high level summary and comparison of results from the three Task 1 technical memos on groundwater quality, surface water quality, and wastewater and reclaimed water quality.
- Groundwater Quality Characterization Technical Memo (PDF) – Results of water quality sampling for residual chemicals and other parameters in groundwater in the two study areas – the Hawks Prairie Study Area, an area influenced by reclaimed water infiltration, and the Tumwater Study Area, an area not influenced by reclaimed water infiltration.
- Surface Water Quality Characterization Technical Memo (PDF) – Results of water quality sampling for residual chemicals and other parameters in surface water in the Hawks Prairie and Tumwater Study Areas.
- Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Quality Characterization Technical Memo (PDF) – Results of water quality sampling for residual chemicals and other parameters in wastewater and reclaimed water at the Budd Inlet Treatment Plant, the Budd Inlet Reclaimed Water Plant, and the Martin Way Reclaimed Water Plant.
- State of the Science (PDF) – Summary of the State of the Science, based on a review of existing scientific research regarding study topics.
- Case Study Summary (PDF) – Case studies for six different projects across the country that involve infiltrating reclaimed water into groundwater.
- Study Scope of Work for Phase 3 (PDF) – Description of work associated with the implementation phase of the study.
- Peer Review Panel Report (PDF) – Final report from panel's review of the study design and draft Phase 3 scope of work.
- Study Team Response Document (PDF) – Responses to comments and recommendations made by Peer Review Panel regarding study design and draft scope.
- Public Involvement Plan (PDF) – A guide that will be adjusted as the study progresses to effectively engage the public, gather input and feedback, and encourage community dialogue about the study and related issues.
- Focus Group Report (PDF) – Summary of three citizen focus groups conducted in the fall of 2013 to learn how best to communicate about the study and the technical topics involved.
- Public Opinion Phone Survey Report (PDF) – Summary of a phone survey conducted in early 2013 of 400 residents to gain an understanding of public awareness, knowledge, interest, and perceptions regarding water, wastewater, reclaimed water, groundwater recharge, and related issues.
- Public Opinion Interviews Report (PDF) – Summary of structured interviews conducted in early 2013 with 53 community members to gauge awareness, interest, and opinions about study related issues.