Hawks Prairie Ponds and Recharge Basins
At this site, Class A Reclaimed Water flows through several wetland ponds before entering shallow basins where it soaks slowly into the ground. This park-like setting is a great place to walk, view wildlife, and learn more about reclaimed water at several informational kiosks.
The site is open to the public dawn to dusk, each day.
The pond site is located at 3001 Hogum Bay Road NE in Lacey, Washington.
- From downtown Olympia, take I-5 north to the Marvin Road exit
- Stay to the left hand side on the ramp, and turn left onto Marvin Road at the light
- Go north on Marvin Road to Willamette Drive (second roundabout), and turn right
- Travel east on Willamette Drive to Hogum Bay Road, and turn left
- Go north on Hogum Bay Road about 1/4 mile, and turn left into the parking area.
There are two entrances; vehicles can park at Hogum Bay Road NE and there’s a pedestrian-only gate at 29th Ave NE.